From Babies to Readers and Teens to Leaders
The Kiwanis Club Northeast Miami-Dade serving the Children of the World each and every day:
1. College Scholarships for deserving students.
2. Early Childhood Education for ages Prenatal through Three Years including the World’s Greatest Baby Shower, Newsletters and Reading Corners in Laundromats and Barber Shops.
3. Service Leadership Programs in College, Elementary, Middle and High Schools. These include sponsorships of Key Clubs, K-Kids, Circle K and Builders Clubs.
4. Hands on participation including The Dictionary Program for third graders, Backpack Giveaways and Reading with Local Students.
5. Kiwanis International Cares with partners such as UNICEF to Virtually Eliminate Iodine Deficiency, one of the greatest causes of childhood intellectual disabilities in babies around the world. Also, shots in arms to Eliminate Maternal and Neonatal Tetanus around the world.
6. More as we grow leaders in our club and community.
As members of a successful worldwide service organization, we can do so much more for the children in our community and around the world.
“Drive-Thru” World’s Greatest Baby Shower in Miami-Dade
Service To The Children
The Kiwanis Club of Northeast Miami-Dade was founded December 11, 1957. Kiwanis International was founded on January 21, 1915 in Detroit, MI. Membership is Key. The non-profit entity associated with our club is Kiwanis Foundation of North Dade, Inc. a registered 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
David Lawrence Jr.
We’re still talking about last year’s Kiwanis Gala honorees:
Senator Lauren Book
and Ronald Book, Esquire
Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen
Serving The Children Of The World
One Child and One Community At A Time